Friday, November 7, 2008

Appreciating the beauty of nature up in the hills of Mantalungun Cebu


Two days ago, I went to my province to visit my long time friend. This place is located in the mountainous region of the Central Visayas. I bought a plane ticket to Cebu and travel 86 kilometers down south and took a motor ride up in the hills of the Mantalungon area where my friend Apiong was residing. It is really a long way travel. This place was approximately 6 thousand feet above sea level. It was very cold in that area even though there was sunlight. People were wearing thick clothes in a sunny weather. When I arrived in his place. we talked a lot and shared some memories that we have on the previous years. He accompanied me to other places in their area to capture perfect views of the mountainous places. Pine trees are one of their source of income in that area because residents used to grow pine tree seedling and sell it to the local tourist as well as the gardeners down south while others were growing vegetables. I myself had bought some of the seedlings. It was really fun strolling in the mountainous region of that area because I am a nature lover by heart.

No comments: